Yield: 4 servings
Serving Size: one 4oz verrine (1/2 cup)
1 cup (210g) warm cream cheese (OR vegan cream cheese alternative OR coconut cream)
2 Tbsp (26g) powdered erythritol (OR other erythritol-based sweetener)
1 cup (200g) strawberries (fresh or frozen)
2 tsp (200g) powdered gelatin (soaked in 1 Tbsp of cold water)
(optional) 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Powdered Erythritol: https://amzn.to/2JnVpnE
Vegan Cream Cheese: https://urbanvegan.net/cream-cheese/
Pure Raw Vanilla Bean Powder: https://amzn.to/2Q2Y9Kq
Vanilla Extract: https://amzn.to/2JDscHy
Powdered Gelatin: https://amzn.to/2rpTqGK
Coconut Cream: https://amzn.to/2xct1is
Vegan Cream Cheese DIY Recipe: https://itdoesnttastelikechicken.com/vegan-cashew-cream-cheese/
Heat-Safe Silicone Spatula: http://amzn.to/2nJvc9z
Bullet Blender: https://amzn.to/2E7E4yf
Pyrex Mixing Bowl: https://amzn.to/2HPXprn
Reusable Piping Bag: https://amzn.to/2RbgZPJ
Magnetic Measuring Spoons: https://amzn.to/2QVq6U5
Micro Measuring Spoons: https://amzn.to/2K9W7ap
("dash", "tad", "smidgen", etc. measurements below 1/4 tsp)
1. In a heat-safe bowl or in a small sauce pan, heat the strawberries and erythritol until half the water in the strawberries has cooked out. Be sure to stir often to prevent burning. This process will happen more smoothly and quickly if you chop the strawberries first, but it's not required. Once the mixture has started to thicken and has cooked down a bit (not as thick as jam but not as soupy as it started out, see video above for reference), set aside and let cool to room temperature, then chill in the fridge until cold.
2. Blend the strawberry mixture in a blender until smooth (leave chunky if you prefer, but the texture is more mousse-like if you blend to a fine puree).
3. In a medium bowl, whip the cold cream cheese until fluffy, then mix in the strawberry puree. You can also do this by adding both to the blender if you don't have an electric mixer. For the gelatin, mix it with the cold water in a small bowl and let sit for 5 minutes, then melt in the microwave for 20 seconds until liquid. Mix this melted gelatin into the strawberry puree right when adding that to the cream cheese mixture.
4. Pour or pipe this mixture into 4 serving glasses and chill 2-3 hours, ideally overnight. Alternatively, let chill and set up in one medium bowl first, then spoon into a piping bag and pipe into serving glasses if you'd like a more textured presentation like in the video above.
1. If using the additional ingredients, add the vanilla to the strawberry mixture AFTER it has reduced down.