Serving Size: 1 large slice
Yield: 8 servings
1/4 tsp (2g) salt (omit if using salted butter)
3 tbsp (42g) butter, melted
1 cup (100g) almond flour // OR other nut flour (ground pecans would be perfect too!)
1 tbsp. (g) orange zest (about 1 large orange)
3 large eggs (165g total out of shell, 55g each)
1/2 cup (60g) unsweetened cranberries (fresh or frozen)
3.75 cups (690g) cream cheese, room temperature (three 8oz packages)
(optional) 1 tsp. (5ml) vanilla extract // OR 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) almond extract // OR 1/2 tsp. (2.5ml) orange extract
(optional) 1 tbsp. (g) orange zest (about 1 large orange) (OMIT if using orange extract)
1/4 cup keto white chocolate
1/4 cup keto "frosted" cranberries (recipe directions below)
1. Preheat the oven to 315F (160C). Prep an 9" round springform baking tin or equivalent volume removable-bottom tin by lining it with baking paper.
2. In a bowl, combine the crust ingredients and mix until a thick dough forms. Press evenly into the bottom of the 8 x 8 baking pan and bake for 15-20 minutes.
3. In another bowl, combine the cheesecake filling ingredients (EXCEPT the cranberries) and then pour on top of the hot crust fresh out of the oven.
4. Sprinkle over the cranberries and push them down into the batter slightly (or not, depends on what kind of surface you want the cheesecake to have).
5. Place the cheesecake in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is still very jiggly, then turn OFF the oven and let the cheesecake continue to bake in the oven by way of the residual heat for another 30 minutes (leave the oven door closed), or until the majority of the cheesecake has set, but a tiny area in the center is still not firm.
6. Allow to cool for 1-2 hours at room temperature and then place int he fridge for at least 4 hours before serving (if you put it directly in the fridge it will cool down too quickly resulting in a cracked surface).
7. To make the FROSTED CRANBERRIES: Simmer the erythritol and water in a small saucepan until the erythritol has fully dissolved, then remove from the heat, add the stevia, and let cool to room temperature. Next, add the cranberries, cover with a small plate or similar small weighted object to submerge the berries in the syrup, then cover the container and let sit at room temperature overnight. In the morning, drain off the syrup (it can be used in keto cocktails!) and pat the berries dry. Roll them in a small bowl of crystalized/granulated sweetener 3-4 berries at a time (no more than that! otherwise the excess liquid will accumulate and clump up the sweetener) until coated in a thin layer of the sweetener. Let dry uncovered at room temperature for 1-2 hours.
8. Decorate the finished cheesecake with shaved keto white chocolate "snow" (see video above) and frosted cranberries just before serving.
Please note that I used MyFitnessPal (a FREE app) to calculate this info, so it may not be 100% accurate.
TPH Keto Cranberry Orange Cheesecake (1 serving):
kcal 319 / net Carbs 3g / Sugars <0.4g / Fat 30g / Protein 9g
Full-Carb Cranberry Orange Cheesecake (1 serving):
kcal 347 / net Carbs 30g / Sugars 22g / Fat 23g / Protein 6g