Yield: 1 serving
Serving Size: 1 tiramisu
1 TPH vanilla keto mug cake (omit the butter when making, also use allulose or tagatose to ensure to graininess)
6 Tbsp (85g) mascarpone cheese (or cream cheese, or vegan cream cheese sub, or cashew cream --see below)
3 Tbsp (25g) powdered keto sweetener (or allulose, or tagatose)
1/4 cup (60ml) espresso (or strong coffee)
1 large (50-53g) egg, separated (OR sub 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream)
1 tsp (5ml) rum (or vanilla extract, or other keto-friendly alcohol)
1. First prep the mug cake, making sure to skip the butter and use a sweetener that won't crystalize when chilled (cake is a lower water content dessert so erythritol based sweeteners often will get grainy once chilled for more than a few hours).
2. Whip the egg white with half the sweetener (or if using whipping cream, whip the cream with no sweetener) until fluffy and starts to hold a shape (soft peaks). Set aside, then mix together the egg yolk, the remaining sweetener, and the rum.
3. Mix together the warm mascarpone with the yolk mixture until smooth, then fold in the whipped egg whites. (If using cream, mix the warm mascarpone with the sweetener and rum, then fold in the whipped cream).
4. Prep the mug cake by cutting it in half or thirds, then place one layer in the bottom of a large glass or small bowl, then pour over a tablespoon or two of the espresso to soak that cake layer. Spoon over a layer of the mascarpone mixture (half if there's two halves of the cake, 1/3 if there's three layers of the cake). Repeat this step until all the layers are finished.
5. Chill in the fridge for at least 3 hours, ideally overnight. Serve with a dusting of cocoa powder over top.
Dairy-free Cream Cheese Recipe: https://www.connoisseurusveg.com/cashew-cream-cheese/
Butter-flavored Coconut Oil: https://amzn.to/2XhmcYv
Superfine Almond Flour: https://amzn.to/2H4N86h
Coconut Flour: https://amzn.to/2vh0gng
Oat Fiber: https://amzn.to/2H1779N
Xanthan Gum: https://amzn.to/2JqidXf
Guar Gum: https://amzn.to/2LArwQW
Vanilla Bean Powder:
Heat-Safe Silicone Spatula:
Loaf Pan: https://amzn.to/2NCLZqw
Pyrex Glass Bowl Set:
Heat-Safe Metal Cooling Rack:
Angled Liquid Measuring Cup:
Magnetic Measuring Spoons:
Micro Measuring Spoons:
("dash", "tad", "smidgen", etc. measurements below 1/4 tsp)
Yup, all those links up there are affiliate links which means you can support my work by buying stuff through those links! It is of course not required and I still encourage everybody to do your own research on what products to use. None of those are brand-sponsored links, I don't have any affiliation with those individual companies, it's just Amazon who pays me a tiny tiny percentage of what y'all buy on Amazon if you choose to use those links because they like that I send you to their site. If this affiliate program didn't exist I would still show y'all these links because it's useful to know where I source my ingredients and tools. Currently with 50k subscribers this affiliate program makes me between $70-$100 USD per month, which just about covers my ingredient costs. If you want to more directly support my work, join as a Patreon member to get behind-the-scenes access, or buy one of my eCookbooks, or the FREE option is to just share my youtube channel with everyone you think might like it. Sharing helps me grow better than anything else. :)